Ciao! How’s your day been? Not so happy, I can see. I mean, not visually but I can feel it. Also because you read the title.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” This quote is said by Oliver Wilde and it is truly amazing. But, I want to make a little change in it. Let’s say, “To overcome woe is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just live with it.” Now, you must be wondering “umm, how does this relate to being euphoric?” Let me tell you, this relates on a whole new level. You even don’t know how your sorrow can increase your thermometer of happiness. So, for increasing your happy meter from a 20 to a 150, here are some of my tips for making you more joyous.
1. Every thing that happens, happens for a reason
Almost all of you might have read this proverb a million times. But, have you ever thought of implementing this in real life. I bet, 90% of you haven’t and for the remaining 10% , good jobs kids. You might think that this is super cliché and honestly, I agree. But, the good thing about it is, it works. An A+ for function! Trust me, if you take a negative circumstance and change it into a positive one, there is no way that you’ll be in misery. I have been doing this for a couple of months now and it’s going great. This is a major step for being happier because if you don’t let those winds of negativity enter your mind, there won’t be a storm of grief after a couple of minutes. *hears sister playing a sad song* “WHY ARE YOU PLAYING THAT SONG, I AM TRYING TO BE POSITIVE HERE!”
A key to being more jubilant is to take a note of every bad thing that happens to you on a daily basis. Whether it be about work, school or your personal life. 5 minutes before you actually go to sleep, recall all those bad memories with a positive attitude. After remembering them, try to fetch the reasons of why these things are happening to you, how you can stop them from occurring and many more. This helps you to clear up your mind and makes you feel fresh.
3. Find that passion
There are so many people in the world who don’t like their jobs. They’re just fed up of them and want to quit. I will suggest, quit it. Find what you are passionate about, a thing that you can do 24/7 and not even think about leaving your workspace. Something which will make you feel good about yourself. It’s definitely not that job which make you feel like a tried boy whose parents forced him to do engineering. Think of whom you admire the most (professionally). Then, try to correlate these properties of him or her with your own self and try to think of ways you can improve yourself in your dream job and be the best damn person in it.
4. Be yourself
There’s nothing better than being yourself. If you are a people-pleaser like me, then PLEASE STOP WORRYING ABOUT OTHER’S OPINIONS. It’s only gonna hurt you more. Try to take everything said, not so personally. See, it’s better to be a weird quirky girl rather than trying to be a ‘know it all’ fake person. When you’re being yourself, you feel much more comfortable than being in an awkward situation where someone asks you a Computer related question and you reply with “Mitochondria is the power house of the cell.” *Laughs at own joke* See, it doesn’t make sense. Try to be yourself and don’t you dare think, “What if people don’t like me?” People who like you when you’re being a sham are not your real friends. People who love you the way you are, are your best friends. *Welcome to Advice with Leisha 101*
5. Memes are the best
When you laugh your body releases endorphins which are responsible to give you the feeling of exhilaration. Laughter helps when you’re sad, stressed, anxious etc. In these situations, just think about a funny meme or incident. That’s why I laugh so much. Before going to sleep, I look at some of the hysterical memes which I can relate to. Laughing just makes me feel a lot better and obviously will make you feel good too. You’re not a robot right? Maybe you are, then you have to use ReCaptcha. How many cars are there in this picture? Stranger: “10?” Computer: “It is now proven that this person is not a robot. Congratulations, you have successfully come to the end of this post.”
I hope these helped you to be a little more beatific. I don’t take any responsibility of your laughing thermometer going above a 200, just to make that clear. I’ll meet you ViRtUaLLy in another post! Tata!<33